Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another successful day!

Week 4 Day 2 of my Couch to 5k program - Complete! This time I did my run while pushing J in the stroller. Wow! What a workout! Much different than just running alone. I'd love all those "runners" out there to try doing what us moms can do.

I read recently that the best way to get into running is to sign up for a race. That way you are putting it out there that you are training and it will hopefully keep you committed to your goal. Therefore, I began looking around for 5k races. Somehow that lead me to a 10k race near my parents house, that two years ago I signed up for the 5k version of and ended up walking most of the way. Not this year folks! I am going to complete that 10k AND do it running! Needles to say, the non-runner in me is laughing her ass off at the aspiring runner in me. Me, run a 10k? Ridiculous!

August 21st is race day. 8 weeks from now. I can't believe I am going to be ready, but here goes nuthin!

No comments:

Post a Comment