Sunday, June 20, 2010

A rainy, gloomy Sunday. It certainly matches my mood. It is the last day before Mike leaves for Alaska for the Salmon season. I probably should have gone for a run today just to give myself some endorphins to get through my sadness. A run will be a must tomorrow as he and the crew set sail around midday. I guess now is the time to really focus on my goal of looking and feeling fabulous when Mike returns in the fall. Fit and trim will be on my mind for the next 2 months!

Later that evening...

Now I am really feeling sorry for myself. The reality that my wonderful, loving man is leaving tomorrow is really hitting me hard. I can't help but be jealous of my friends that get their husbands home with them every night. If only they know how truly lucky they are. Goodbyes are difficult no matter how you look at it, but I always think it is so much easier to be the one leaving to run off to exciting adventures than to be the one left behind with a half-empty bed. Tomorrow night after I put J to bed I know I will wander aimlessly through the house for about 5 minutes before plopping myself onto the couch in front of the TV for the illusion of company. And when I find I am not comforted by the wonders of television, I will retire to our lonely bedroom and really begin to feel my sadness. I will, however, have the bed all to myself to spread out and stretch my arms and legs any way I want. There's my silver lining.

WHAAAAAA AAAAAAH AAAAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment