Thursday, June 17, 2010

30 with a Baby

So now that I am 30 and have given birth to our first child, I realized just how out of shape I truly am. I can't say I always had a perfect figure, but I had a body I was happy with. Sure there were a few trouble areas that I wasn't crazy about, but for the most part, things looked good. Then I got pregnant. And turned 30.

So here I am, a year after having my son and slowly accepting that my body won't just magically lose the pounds that are hanging on after pregnancy. I think a year is a sufficient amount of time to wish the pounds away and come to the conclusion that it just won't happen. Great. That means I have to actually work at this. Something I've never been good at.

So I have decided to become a runner. Never have been in the past. Not even a little bit. I was never the girl that just went out for a run. Never. Walks? No problem. Running? No way.

Here I will chronicle my path in trials and (hopefully) triumphs in running.

The beginning:

So I have already began my training. I started using that Y membership once again. I brought J with me and left him with the child care center and committed to 30 minutes on the treadmill. Here is the plan I followed on Days 1 & 2.

Walk for 5 minutes at 3.5mph
Run 1 minute at 5.0 / walk 1 minute at 3.5 - continue this pattern for 20 minutes
Cool down walk for 5 minutes at 3.5 and slower as the minutes decrease.

Day 3:
Walk for 5 minutes at 3.0 and 3.5
Run 2 minutes at 5.5 / walk 1 minute at 3.5 - continue for 20 minutes
Cool down walk for 5 minutes at 3.5 and slower as the minutes decrease.

As of right now I am not making myself stick to a work-out schedule. I have been loosely following a day-on, day-off schedule. With more days off than on :( I'm working on it.

By the way, Day 3 was tough! I took 3 or 4 days off and pushed myself to do the 2 minute mark.

Today is an off day and I think I will take J to the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment