Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Runwalk

So, I am really curious as to how many people that call themselves runners actually run the entire time they are out there. I have read a few articles written by marathoners that use a run/walk method and clock better times than those that run the entire distance. Interesting. As of right now, I am definitely a runwalker. I set out yesterday morning for a run up my street and back to the house. This was my first training outside and not on a treadmill and a run pushing J in the stroller. I went about 1.5 miles, and probably only ran about half that. It was tough after taking a few days off.

Today I went for a 3 mile trail walk with my parents and J in the stroller. Then got home and tried to run up my street again, this time while my parents stayed with J. Well, I ran close to a 1/2 mile, with a short walk in there and then truly ran the last 1/2 back to the house. Uphill the entire first 1/2, hence the walk.

In short, I have marked 4 miles today! With a 1 mile run! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment