Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

In the past I never thought it was a good idea to exercise on a holiday. It just seemed like it should be a day off from everything but fun, family, friends, and food. Or perhaps that was just another excuse on my long list of reasons why I didn't exercise regularly. Hmm...

But not today. Today I gathered up Jacob and the stroller in the car and drove to the trailhead. From there I set out on a nearly 4 mile run. Today was by far my toughest day. Every step was a struggle, both physically and mentally. About halfway through my run the wind began to pick up and I soon realized that while having a jogging stroller is wonderful, it is still an extra 35-40 lbs. you are pushing. With the wind, my stroller may as well have been a parachute. Something I never considered - wind resistance. I am now thinking that I should probably go to the Y on the days that I think running will be tough, that way I can leave Jacob at the drop-in day care and not be discouraged by the elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment