Friday, July 16, 2010

falling off the wagon

Ok, I admit that I fell off the wagon. Note the absence of posts within the last week. Last Monday night I got a phone call from Mike asking me to fly to Alaska the next day to visit him for a couple days. Of course I booked the first flight I could find. I packed lightly, as I was only going for two days, but I did bring my running shoes. Unfortunately for my running, I spent nearly all of my time on the fishing boat. I was fortunate enough for a little town time and was able to go on a couple walks with my hunny :)

After I returned home, I just couldn't seem to get motivated. Finally, on Wednesday this week I put on my running gear and stayed in those clothes all day long before finally going out for a run at 4:00pm. Just as I started my warm-up, my sister called. So I ended up walking only a mile before packing Jacob and stroller back into the car to head home. As I made my way home I drove by the Y and pulled into the parking lot. I decided to finish my run on the treadmill while Jacob was able to play in the child care center. Needless to say, after falling off the wagon for a week, getting back into the swing of things was rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment