Wednesday, July 4, 2012

solbites

I admit that I am a huge sucker for advertising. Which I'm fairly certain is the point of the entire advertising industry. For instance, take something as simple as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Easy enough to make yourself, and yet with the right packaging I may be inclined to buy a packaged PB&J.  Sounds silly, but when you see this product I think you will understand. Solbites are just basic nut butters, jelly/honey and crackers all wrapped up in a completely recyclable container. I found these cute little PB & J snacks during my latest trip to R.E.I. - my own personal mecca. I love anything convenient enough to keep in my car or purse for an emergency snack for Jacob that is healthy but I also don't have to immediately use for freshness. I also love a good ol' American-made product by a small company/entrepreneur. Two Rivers Foods (the parent company of Solbites) was created by a couple of guys in Colorado that after traveling the globe, wanted to introduce Americans to new and interesting flavors. Solbites is the first of their products and while I really appreciate what they have created, I'm failing to see the exoticism of PB&J. Either way, this is a win-win as Jacob is a big fan and I feel content knowing he is happily snacking on a healthier convenience food. Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment