Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Best Caramels. Ever.


About a year ago, I was perusing the Ballard Farmers Market and stumbled upon the best caramel ever made. If you are unfamiliar with the Ballard market, I highly recommend you make the trip. I have discovered many small start-up food companies by just browsing the booths at this market. When it comes to high quality vendors, Ballard has the best of the best. So while strolling the street with my mother, enjoying a slight drizzle of rain and spicy chai tea, I spotted a small unassuming booth with sample bits of caramel. One bite and I wanted to leap over the table to get to the rest of the caramels. Jonboy Caramels are soft and buttery with the perfect amount of salt. It literally melted in my mouth. I was completely blown away. I love these caramels so much that I ordered a huge box to be given away to the guests at our wedding. Jonboy Caramels come in multiple flavors including Fleur de Sel, Molasses Ginger, Absinthe with Black Salt and a seasonal blackberry variety. Last Sunday on Father's Day, I brought Mike and Jacob with me to the market and loaded up with a couple boxes. I admit, both boxes are already empty. I ate ALL the caramels myself. I don't share.

Get your own Jonboy's here.
You can see the caramels in the pictures from our
wedding. Photos by Brooks Scribner.

3 comments:

  1. The best ever!!! I remember people searching tables that people were not currently sitting at for them at the wedding. Yum Yum. We need a Ballard trip soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember our table didn't even get caramels. Seems odd since I know I ordered 200 and there were only about 150 guests at the wedding. Hmm...haha!

      Delete
  2. I still have one left...found it in my pocket...hate to eat it cause then I'll have none...they were soooooooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete